Monday 6 September 2010

Long back and sides

I've finished the back, but as it looks almost identical to the front, I've not bothered photographing the whole thing. My friend Bella came round today to get some help with her maths homework, and while she was getting on with it, I finished a sleeve, and here it is.
As you'll observe, it's a bit different from the front
and back, but that's the general idea. (The back is on the left of the pictures.) As you use up one yarn, you attach another one, and I happened to have three balls of a pink/blue/grey super chunky Rowan sitting about annoying me. In they went.

Sleeves.
I cast on 15 (meant to do 16, then realised I hadn't) and knitted 10 rows in single rib. That was just about long enough so I switched to alternative knit and purl rows.
Rows 13 & 15: increased one stitch at both ends - 19 stitches.
Row 19, 23, 27 etc, increased one stitch at both ends.
I kept going until it was long enough. For me that was 40 rows in all. Then I cast off 27 stitches.
(Measure the front to see how far it comes down your arms, then knit so that the sleeves are the right length and width.)

Now to sew it up. And next, I think I'll do big fluffy indoor socks.

No comments:

Post a Comment